Wednesday, August 7, 2013

New Acquisitions

A new year and a changing chair means office shake-ups, which means free books. I've acquired:

1. Eric Roll, History of Economic Thought - 4th edition (I believe there are five now). I hadn't heard of him but it looks comprehensive and well written.

2. Mas-Colell. I was a little disappointed not to have used this in Micro I. I believe they use it in Micro II, though, which I'll be taking in the spring. A free one is nice to have!

3. Robert Lucas - Studies in Business Cycle Theory. It's just an MIT Press collection of all his major contributions. Sometimes it's nice to have it all in one place.

I think there's an old NBER conference volume on public finance I think I might pick up too... they're just handsome old books that always seem nice to have.

1 comment:

  1. The Lucas book is titled like a dissertation. It is difficult to name a collection of unrelated papers.

    I feel a modicum of pity for Whinston and Green. Everyone knows that textbook as Mas-Collel. Why not MWG, they might ask? The chapters are famously uneven. The chapter on consumer demand is excellent, while the production section is a slog. Makes one wonder which coauthor wrote which section...

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.