Monday, October 4, 2010

Krugman on Austrians and Other Critics

An interesting read, although Austrians aren't going to like it. His rendition of the "but you just don't get it" line mirrors my experience perfectly, which I described here. Many Austrians are very good, or else I wouldn't keep engaging the school of thought. Many are like playing a game of whack-a-mole. Krugman then goes on to address more mathematically minded critics as well, and he really brings out the condescension of many of their arguments.

1 comment:

  1. 30b6c0772eaeba21ef6b5f37b7ad34ecOctober 4, 2010 at 2:56 PM

    I think that it's unfortunate that he's engaging Peter Schiff instead of an actual Austrian economist. Not that I have anything against Schiff, but he's an investor with a different perspective (and a libertarian with his own agenda, but that seems difficult to avoid when it comes to AE).

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.